Description of tasks:
Under the direct supervision of the Protection Officer the UNV volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Perform Refugee Status Determination (RSD) activities, including interview of asylum-seekers, Country of Origin Information research and preparation for CONARE (Comitê Nacional para os Refugiados) meetings;
- Assist and follow-up cases of family reunification and voluntary repatriation;
- Assist and follow-up individual needs of refugees and asylum-seekers;
- Assess and address legal issues concerning refugees’ integration;
- Follow-up and up-date Protection files;
- Compile monthly statistics on asylum claims and refugees in the country;
- Act as interpreter and translator when needed;
- Perform other duties as required.
Detailed curriculum vitae including two referees and application letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, up to 8th September, quoting reference “Protection Assistant”.
Para maiores informações: UNV Protection Assistant TOR – August 2010.
Enviado por Marleide Ferreira Rocha (CA/MJ)